Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Wednesday Weigh In

Today I officially started my post holiday diet. I really have got to do something...I just feel so unhealthy. So starting today I am counting calories and starting to exercise. I'm using MyFitnessPal to track calories (1200 per day) and I am walking to begin with. This is not a resolution but a commitment to a healthier me. I lost about 30 lbs this time last year and I know I can surpass that. All I need is dedication and support. I'm going to post weekly updates and also I want to be able to post my struggles if I have a bad day. Even if no one reads it!

Exercise:
First day to start walking. I made 2 laps around HHS while James was at basketball practice (hills and all)! It's not much, but it's a start.

Diet:
Doing great so far! I'm at 1/2 my calories for the day. I found a tasty treat. Melba toast crackers broken into small pieces and Siracha sauce. It's like diet chips and dip!

Total weekly weight loss:
Nada---it's Day 1! I'm not brave enough to post my actual weight...yet!

Achievements:
Feeling like I can do this!

Struggles:
Keeping up with the exercise. It's hard and I just need to push myself.

Weekly Snapshot:
First day Food Diary (minus dinner)

6 comments:

  1. Amazing first day!! Gonna need some inspiration around April :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you girlie! Maybe by then I will have some great tips for ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you! Aren't those apps wonderful? I use/d "lose it" and it's handy flipping dandy! You got a cheerleader now sister!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I love my iphone and apps. I don't know what I did before them! Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. keep posting the healthy snacks!!! I am a snacker and thats my downfall!!! By the way what in the world is siracha sauce and where do you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will definitely share my snack ideas :)

    ReplyDelete