Saturday, January 28, 2012

Our Super Fun-Fabulous-Long-Tiring-but FUN-Day!

Today was one of those days where James will look back and say, man that was an awesome day.
It may also be a day where I look back and wonder, "What was I thinking?"
I rolled about of bed at 7 am this morning. Caught up on Facebook/Words with Friends/Scramble with Friends. Then about 7:30, I started getting ready, and got James up. We were out the door by 8:30 headed to Gentry, AR for James' basketball game. Now, a little background on his basketball team. We've won 1 game this entire season. We've both decided basketball really isn't our thing. Well, today changed our minds. James team won 26-22 in TRIPLE overtime! Can you believe it?? I was on edge the whole game! Our boys did an awesome job! We were all so proud and it was a much deserved win.

James had a friend spend the night, which is always fun! We had a birthday party around 4 and it didn't make much sense to drive all the way home and then back to Fayetteville. So, we shopped. We hit up Academy sports and got the boys looking spiffy in some new clothes. Then the boys perused the baseball aisle picking out everything they were going to need for the upcoming season. I see a lot of Under Armour in my future :) Next, we went to Walmart to pickup our birthday gifts. And, finally a little trip to Arby's where James' friend introduced him to the yumminess of Arby sauce.

4 pm rolled around so we loaded up and headed to Chuck E Cheese. Not my favorite place, but I can handle it in small increments. Right away, James won a pile of tickets. I bought the boys some tokens and kindly let them know when these were gone, we were leaving. Somehow those tokens lasted 2 whole hours! Even after 1/2 cup of James' tokens were stolen!!

We celebrated my nephew's birthday, then headed back to H-town to play laser tag (as promised all day long). It was James' first time to play. The prices were really reasonable, so I think we will be going back very soon!

The boys had such a fun day and so did I, but man, I am TIRED! And, apparently so were these little guys. They crashed a little before 10 pm after devouring a huge pixie stick, pizza, and Doritos. The quintessential sleepover food. 


4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh!!! Fun day Mom!!!!! I wanna go next time!
    I hope they hurry up and make a knock off brand of under armor. Woah expensive!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure April :) It was a really fun day. And yes, Under Armour is sooo expensive. Luckily I find some good deals online :)

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a fantastic day!! But you guys are crazy :) Loving your new layout too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just wait Jenny til baby gets here :) You are willing to do all kinds of crazy stuff just to make your little one smile. I love my new layout too! I <3 yellow & gray right now!

      Delete