Sunday, January 15, 2012

This Weekend...

has been full of birthday parties, and stressful moments. On Friday nights, James and I usually have a pizza/movie night. Since I have been doing so good with my diet, I thought I would treat myself with a taco pizza from a local pizza place. It was delicious and I didn't think it would be as bad as Pizza Hut. Saturday morning we had a basketball game followed by lunch at Granny's with the Smith's. I did good, eating a salad with a bit of Ranch. Not the best choice, but it was great. Then, we went to my mom's Saturday night and I made lasagna, salad, and garlic bread for her birthday. I tried to be good by only eating 1 piece of lasagna, but it was a little large. And, I had 2 pieces of garlic bread. FAIL! Today, we celebrated another birthday at Chuck E Cheese. I had 2 pieces of cheese pizza and I wish I had saved those calories for something yummier.

I always worry about my husband when he's gone, but today I hadn't been able to reach him all day. It's not like him to not call me back after an hour or two. Given the last time this happened, he spent a night in the hospital, so I've been a nervous wreck! I finally talked to him about an hour ago and sure enough he had went to the Emergency room. There is no worse feeling than knowing your husband is 500 miles away, sick, and there's nothing you can do about it. I pray that he feels much better in the morning.

I am definitely a stress eater. I know this is a weakness for me and will be something I always struggle with. I worry so much about my hubby and I over eat. It's just that simple. I feel that I've done awful on my diet this weekend, but I'm not going to stop. Tomorrow is a new day and I'm getting back on track. Even if I end up gaining this week, I won't back down. I want to do this for me and I will reach my goals, even if I have some setbacks. Nothing worthwhile is easy, right?

4 comments:

  1. Weekends are so unpredictable sometimes. I'm proud of you for being so mindful the entire weekend! You keep that up and I bet you'll do so much better. You know your pros and cons too at least you KNOW what you're doing! I tell myself that all the time and I slip up too. We're only human! Keep fighting the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks April for your words of encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness...you guys are dealing with ER visits again too? Craziness! I hope he's better very soon. I am a stress eater as well, so between Sierra having a seizure last year and Sam having all sorts of issues this year.. and then you factor in the trucking company...I have got to seriously eat better too! Perhaps we can all stay out of the ER!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trucking is seriously stressful! I hope we can all stay healthy and sane :)

    ReplyDelete