Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012!!

I re-started my blog back in May of this year and sadly lost all the info on my other blog :( But, I am going to share my favorite monthly post and picture. Here's what we've done this year!

May 2011
Weekend in Tulsa
This is probably the last weekend we've had together, kid-free. It was such a blast and much needed. I think it's time for another one!

My favorite picture from May! We cannot wait for baseball to start up again!

June 2011
Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
I've made these for various parties and they are a hit every time! I love that some are super spicy and some aren't. I guess that game is only fun if you like spicy food :)

Our sweet little Macey-dog. Her hair is currently pretty short, so I can't wait until she's fluffy like this again :)

July 2011
Sayings by James and  Boo-boo
I can't say that this post is my absolute favorite from the month, but it includes Gene's broken ankle which I feel consumed most of my summer and not in a good way!

Totally represents what summer is all about!

August 2011
4th Grade!
James started 4th grade in August. I must say, this has been our hardest year, but also our most productive. We have learned so much about James and what makes him tick this year. I feel like what we've done and the amount of time we've worked with him has made a huge difference!
Oh, it was so hard to pick my favorite picture from this month! There are so many good ones. But I chose this one, because this was James' first ride on one of those scary carnival rides and with a girl no less :) He acted macho and brave, but I really think he just wanted to throw up afterward.

September 2011
Touchdown!!
We were in the midst of football season and James made his first touchdown this year! Then, he went on to play All Star Football as well. We are so proud of him!

Looking at this and knowing what my hubby went through brings tears to my eyes. This picture represents the power of God. He gave you life and he can take it away in an instant. My hubby walked away from this with a few scratches.

October 2011
James Turns 10!!
We through James a great 10th birthday party this year! I think everyone had a blast! I had a blast planning it, however it's the last party I'm throwing at the house. James is getting old enough that he wants to invite the entire block and our little casa just isn't big enough. I love making memories with him!

We also went camping this month. I hadn't been camping in several years and despite the cougar we heard, it was a great trip! We can't wait to go again!

November 2011
First Basketball Game!
James started Basketball this year. It's his first time to play and he's getting better with each practice. We love watching him play because he's so passionate about every sport he plays!
James killed his first deer this year! Gene said he jumped around so much, he thought the blind was going to fall over!! James was just a little excited!!

December 2011
New Ride
I finally got a new car and I love it! It gets great gas mileage and is cute to boot :)
We had a great Christmas this year! I have yet to post our Christmas pics, but maybe one day I'll hook up the camera and download all my photos. My iPhone Blogger app gets way too much use :)


Well, that sums up our year. I cannot wait to see what 2012 holds in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment