Monday, January 30, 2012

Juice Diet?

So today, I heard a lady at work talking about the Juice diet. Basically you buy a bunch of fruits/vegetables and become one with your juicer. I can see a benefit to cleanse the body and maybe give your body some nourishment it's been missing. However, I don't think I could do something like this long term. Do I want to cook a delicious meal and watch my boys eat while slurping my beet/cucumber/kale smoothie? Eh, not so much. I think it's great that people are being healthier, but I just know this lifestyle won't work for me. I would get sooo bored, sooo quick!

But, I did start thinking about what I do eat. Are boxed lean cuisine meals better than fresh fruit and veggies? Heck, no. Should I be cooking fish and chicken and getting my calories from fresher alternatives? Yes. So I am going to make a commitment to do just that. I'm not going to fill my cart with pre-made stuff. I am striving to buy fresh meat, fruits, veggies and cook them during the week. Especially if I do a lot of the prep work during the weekend, a fresh meal doesn't take that much longer to prepare. Plus, James can also eat what I'm eating.

I also want to check into some kind of protein shake or perhaps a 'juice' alternative for my breakfast. A 70 calorie yogurt and cup of coffee just aren't cutting it anymore. I need sustenance!

3 comments:

  1. Haha, Taylor tried the juice thing for a few days. It grossed me out to look at it :) Your way sounds much better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend that did a 15 day juice fast "reset" she is already skinny and lost 13 lbs, her husband who is much heavier than she also lost 13 lbs! She said after the reset she felt so much better, craved sweets less and desired smaller portions at the dinner table! I couldn't do it for life but I could incorporate it in... (she did say day 1 & 2 were quite rough but got much better)
    I think you're doing the right thing by going fresh!
    Thanks for letting me write a book on your post LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are several girls here now who are 'juicing' it. I don't think it's for me! I like to eat my food LOL

    April, write a book any time :) I enjoy comments of all shapes and sizes!

    ReplyDelete