Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Watermarks and Right Clicks

I promised to do a post on watermarking and disabling right clicks. So here it is! I hope it's simple and straightforward, but if you have questions, let me know!

First off, I found a pretty simple watermarking tool, it's called Visual Watermark. I think it cost somewhere around $20 and that's a one time fee. I like this program because once you select your pictures and design your watermark, it adds that watermark to all of your selected pictures instead of adding the watermark one by one. The link can be found here and you can test out the free trial version before committing to the $20 fee.

Please do NOT choose 'overwrite original images' when saving your watermarked photos because your originals will be gone. The default is to 'rename modified images and place them in the source folder'. It's just warning. This program is a 3 step process.

  1. Select your photos. You can use the CTRL function to select multiples at one time.
  2. Design your watermark. You can use a picture or text, which I love. I need to play around with this more. There are tons of effects you can use.
  3. Select Watermark at the bottom and presto! It's done. You will then be prompted to save your pics. I have created a special folder just for my watermarked photos, but do whatever tickles your fancy.  :)
I also have disabled right clicks on my blog. You can learn more about that HERE. In the code, you can change the pop up message that is displayed so play around with it and see what works best for you. I got this idea from Kelly over at Kelly's Korner. She's a local blogger in my area and she seems like the sweetest lady. Her girls are adorable!

I hope after reading this, you will find what works for you. I feel a little better about spreading my pictures around and I haven't had any issues so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment