Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sayings by James and Boo-Boo

James has really been cracking me up lately. He says some of the funniest things. He also picks up on everything we say and will repeat it at the worst times. So, we better start being careful who we talk about LOL. While shopping last weekend, I was telling James something and he says, "Whoop-see-do" as in, who cares?! He's said it a couple of times since then and I just laugh and laugh. I think this kid came to us from 1957 sometimes. Last night he was playing with one of our neighbors and their Ipad. He comes in for the night talking about this cool game, Mad Chickens. I'm thinking what is he talking about? Then he tells me that his friend has 3 different ones including a Rio game. It dawned on me, he meant to say Angry Birds! I love that boy!

Well, most of you know by now, but Gene broke his ankle. It actually happened on Wednesday night and I finally convinced him to go to the doctor on Thursday evening. He actually worked Wed. night hobbling around on a broken ankle! He broke a piece off the inside of his ankle and it requires surgery. We got to see the Orthopedic Surgeon yesterday and he gave us the news that this would definitely need surgery and I told him we need to get him in next week since I was already on vacation. So, we went and pre-registered at the Surgery Center and found out we have to be there bright and early at 6 am on Tuesday! Surgery will be at 7 and takes about 45 minutes. Then, he should spend 30 minutes in recovery and maybe another 30 minutes in post recovery, then we can go home. Gene is nervous about being put under and I don't blame him. We'll be laying around the house keeping his foot elevated until Tuesday morning, with me waiting on him hand and ankle :)  Since Gene works for himself, this really throws a kink into things. Prayers are appreciated!!

2 comments:

  1. YIKES! We'll be thinking about you guys on Tuesday. I can't believe he waited so long to have that looked at!! UH! Men!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! Men, pretty much sums it up LOL

    ReplyDelete