Sunday, July 24, 2011

Anniversary and School Shopping

Tuesday night was our anniversary, happy 3 years to us! Sadly, I didn't take a picture of us. But here's one of my favorites of us. I came home from work on Tuesday and got ready and we headed out to Doe's Eat Place. It's down on Dickson Street in Fayetteville. We've always heard great things about this steakhouse, but I'll just say I wasn't too impressed. The steak was good, but I didn't care for the salad and potatoes. And those are usually my favorite parts! We also had the homemade tamales, which were good, but when you've had actual homemade tamales, they don't compare. All in all, it was a nice dinner, but not somewhere I want to go back. After our dinner, we rented Insidious. Romantic, right? We both love scary movies, but we never get to watch them with James around. It was super freaky and I didn't want to sleep afterward! I just want to say that marriage isn't easy. It takes work on both parts and sometimes things happen that neither of you thought you could handle. I love you Gene and I look forward to many more years with you!







Yesterday my good friend and James' aunt Gail came up front Oklahoma and went shopping with us. Let me just say that I can no longer shop for James' shoes in the children's section. I can't believe how much he's grown this summer. I only bought him 1 pair of Levi's yesterday and they were size 16!!!! OMG!!! I had ordered him some things online so I'm a little nervous now if they are going to fit or not. I guess we'll see and hope for an easy return policy! Other than the 1 pair of jeans and new shoes he got a new backpack. I've bought him several shirts already and we just need a few more jeans and he will be all set. I picked up his school supply list at our local Walmart this morning so I'll be getting those things one day this week probably. School starts on August 15th and it just seems so soon! I'll be on vacation next week so hopefully we can all spend some time together. We don't really have any plans so hopefully we'll find something to do!

4 comments: