Saturday, August 4, 2012

iPhone Catch Up

So, once again, I've let my blog slip away. I can say that I will promise to get better, but I really have to believe it for that to happen :) So, my last post was in June. Since then, we have been busy! We finished up baseball, finally! The boys won a few, lost a few more, but we are proud of them and are gearing up for football now!

We celebrated the 4th of July! Following family tradition, we watched the town's firework show from our back deck.


Everything was going great until our neighbors caught the grass on fire. We have been in an extreme drought, so it was a little scary. Luckily, the fire department came quickly and put out the fire.


We did a lot of fishing, which I think is safe to say is my boy's new favorite summertime tradition. We caught a lot of babies, but those are the most fun :)



Gene and I celebrated our 4th Anniversary! He brought home these beautiful flowers. We didn't go out to eat like we usually do, but I'm hoping we can make up for that soon. Happy Anniversary Baby! Love you!


We went mudding, in true county folk fashion. I didn't partake, since I forgot to bring extra clothes, but I gladly watched from the sidelines :)


My studly man driving the granny 4-wheeler {my personal fave}

James came to the realization that all mud is not mud in the country...oops! :)


I hit a deer! My little pop can spent 3 weeks in the shop! As a side note, I think the deer are a serious problem in our town. I actually hit this one about 2 minutes from my house, still in city limits. I know they must be starving to be stirring so much in this heat!


Lots of time pampering this mutt...you see what happens when she doesn't get her way?


I got my hair done, love it!


I pulled out the ole boots and went to the rodeo with my momma. Just me and her, loved it! We need more girl dates if you ask me!


We had an awesome lightning storm the other night. Not much rain, unfortunately! I took this with the iLightningLite app. It actually detects lightning and I think it's pretty cool, plus it's free!


Well, I think that just about sums up everything! I am off work for the next few days, so I plan to soak up lots of time with my boys and prepare for school to start. August 20th isn't far away!

Laters {Yes, I've read it}







2 comments:

  1. Everything looks line a blast except that stinkin car accident!! Damn deer!! Glad you caught us up! What a wonderful family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely my least fave part lol. I'm going to try to be better at updating!

    ReplyDelete