Sunday, April 1, 2012

Mary Mary Quite Contrary

How does your garden grow? With pepper plants and tomatoes, too, I hope!
James and I worked hard yesterday mowing the yard and spraying weeds.
We also bought a tomato plant, jalapeño,  and sweet pepper plant. Hopefully I can keep them alive long enough to get some fresh veggies.

Our Wal-Mart didn't have out any flowers yet, so I went inside in search of seeds (hoping they will actually grow). James was looking at all the vegetable seeds and he decided he wanted to try and grow some carrots. I know nothing about growing carrots, but said ok, what the heck. So we bought a little pot and he planted them. I guess if they sprout, we'll have to move them to a bigger pot or in the ground somewhere?


I also re-did my flower bed. I didn't mess  with it at all last year, so it was quite a chore! I used the hoe and dug out all the grass again. Re-arranged my rocks to make it smaller and them filled in with a little more dirt. I plan on putting my elephant ears here. I still have some rocks left over, so I may try to tackle another small flower bed, We'll see :)

By the way, the rocks came from an old rock storage building my mom has out behind her house. When we move, these rocks are coming with me!




No comments:

Post a Comment