Thursday, March 1, 2012

Catch-Up!

Well, we have had quite the week since my last post! Actually, I guess it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post. On Friday, the 24th, my hubby became quite sick and had to be taken to the hospital by ambulance! Did I mention he was in Ulysses, KS? Yeah, that's about 10 hours from here and very close to Colorado. So, I left work immediately and made the trip with my in-laws. Long story short but he's much better now and trying to rest at home. His idea of rest, however, is cleaning his truck from top to bottom and installing new lights. What a man! I want to thank my momma for taking James and to James' coach for bringing him home after baseball practice. We are so blessed! I also want to mention how great the hospital was during all of this. It's not often that a hospital will call you with hourly updates! They were truly awesome and I dropped a thank you note in the mail for them this morning.

Once the shock of the situation wore off and we realized Gene would be just fine, I thought it would be nice to enjoy the scenery a bit. Let me just tell you, the scenery in Western Kansas was crappy! There was a huge dust storm and we also had to detour on our way home because of a fire. When you see tumbleweeds blowing across the road in a movie, I am here to tell you that it really happens! I have several little scratches on my car to prove it! Also, the whole area smells like cow manure. Maybe, it was the wind or maybe it's like that everyday. Between the smell and being covered in dust, I have no desire to see that part of this great country again!
Yes, those are real-life tumbleweeds!!
These people driving behind us had a tumbleweed stuck to the front of their car for miles.
Once we reached Oklahoma, somewhere between Woodward, OK and Enid, OK the scenery was much sweeter. I just love these red dirt plateau things. I never get tired of seeing them. I've been by them a few times with Gene, but we've never got the chance to stop. They shimmer in the sunlight and it's because they are covered in crystals. I couldn't get a good pic of them, but they are all glittery and pretty. And, I picked up a few of the crystals to bring home to James. He absolutely loved them!



This may or may not have been enhanced a little bit by Instagram, but I think it's just stunning!


Me and my hubby while waiting 3 hours at his follow-up appt on Monday!!

Here's to a boring, uneventful week. James told me that he's been working on pitching at practice. He thinks he's the best pitcher...of course! I love baseball season!

2 comments:

  1. i'm sorry to hear about all of your trouble lately but i'm so glad he's all better!!
    what a scare!!
    i love the tumble weeds, LOVE the "instagram" pic. i think it's stunnnnning!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a scare!! But all is well now, whew!
      Thank you ma'am..instagram is my friend :)

      Delete