Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday Weigh In and Chicken Tortilla Soup


Exercise:
I've done the Elliptical a couple times this week for about 10-15 minutes week. I'm ready for warmer weather!

Diet:
Ummm.what diet? This week wasn't very good for me. Well, it was good up until Saturday. My hubby was home so Saturday we had lunch at Logan's, then I made chili for dinner {at his request}. Then Sunday, we celebrated my grandma's 82nd birthday! We had roast and carrots/potatoes--my favorite meal ever! Monday night, James played his last basketball game at 9 pm!! It was sooo ridiculous, but before hand we ate Mexican food. It was absolutely delicious!

Weekly weight loss:
To my surprise, I lost .2 lbs this week. Definitely better than I thought!

Achievements:
Cooking more meals at home and making smarter choices while eating out.

Struggles:
My hubby being home! LOL No, I love to see him of course, but man he knows how to eat and eat well. Steak, potatoes, brownies, all that great food that you shouldn't eat!

Weekly Snapshot:
Tonight, I made Chicken Tortilla Soup. This is my new favorite soup and the lime makes it out of this world!!

Here's how I made it:

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts boiled and shredded
1 can black beans rinsed
1 can corn
1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes
2 cans chicken broth
1 small onion
1-2 jalapenos
2 tablespoons minced garlic
4 corn tortillas cut into small strips
1 avocado
1-2 limes

Start by sauteing your onion, pepper, and garlic in a large pot. Once brown, add your diced tomatoes, chicken broth, shredded chicken, corn and black beans. Let simmer about 20-30 minutes. Add tortilla strips and simmer another 10 minutes or so. Serve with lime and sliced avocado. I used about 1/2 a key lime on my small bowl of soup and O.M.G I am IN LOVE! Ok, I'll stop talking now...





3 comments:

  1. Holy Moly that soup looks awesome!!!!!!
    I looooove avocados!!
    I will try this soon! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love avocado too. Between the lime and avocado, I'm hooked!

      Delete