Tuesday, November 22, 2011

It's a Gary Allan Kind of Day...

I've been in a funk lately, and the cause is many things in which I'm not going into here. Gary Allan is by far my favorite artist. He's been through so much in his life and his music really shows his pain. It's probably not a good thing that I need his music now.

With the holidays approaching, I should feel excitement and anticipation, however this year is filled with worry and stress. Between my husband's job and health and my boy's utha mutha, I'm just overstressed and on edge.

Life ain't always beautiful
Sometimes it's just plain hard
Life can knock you down
It can break your heart

Life ain't always beautiful
You think, you're on your way
And it's just a dead end road
At the end of the day

But the struggles make you stronger
And the changes make you wise
And happiness has its own way
Of takin' its sweet time


Drinkin' dark whiskey,
Tellin' white lies,
One leads to another,
On a Saturday night,
Don't ya cross your heart,
Unless you hope to die,
Drinkin' dark whiskey,
Tellin' white lies


But I can love you,
Like I've always done,
And when the hard times come a knocking,
Honey you won't ever see me run,
I won't leave you,
When you need a friend,
Can't make the bad days that much better,
Baby than they've ever been,
But I can love you,




Everything always works out in the end, so I don't know why I worry so much. But don't fret, I'm all right just like I always am...just a rough patch.

But I'm doin' my best
Every day and every night
Hangin' on by a thread
That's stretched just a little too tight
If I can't find some peace of mind
I'll take what I can get
I ain't doin' much good
But I'm doin' my best

1 comment:

  1. Think I know what I'll be listening to on the way home... Gotta love this man.

    ReplyDelete