Sunday, November 6, 2011

Ice Cream Cake

We had James' birthday a couple of weeks ago and I made my friend Jessica's recipe for Ice Cream Cake. This was one the best things I have ever tasted!! Several people requested the recipe, so I'm going to post how I made it.

~12 ice cream sandwiches {I used a little more, but you will need enough to make 2 layers}
~Whipped Cream {Cool Whip}
~Hot fudge topping {I used Hershey's syrup}
~Caramel topping {I already had butterscotch syrup...YUM!}
~Heath bars {To crumble on top, I used 2 King size bars}

Put a layer of ice cream sandwiches in the bottom of a baking dish. Drizzle plenty of chocolate/butterscotch syrup on top of the sandwiches. Then, add a layer of Cool Whip. Repeat this process again so there are 2 layers. Crumble the Heath bar on top. I froze this the night before and took it out about 30 minutes before I was ready to serve.

This is Jessica's picture, I was too busy eating to even think about taking one.

No comments:

Post a Comment