Sunday, October 30, 2011

James is 10!!

Wow, I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since my last post!!! I want to dedicate this post to big man James and how he's 10 now, and oh so cool. We had his birthday party last weekend {October 22} and it was a blast! We had his party at home {which I will NEVER do again} and we had cupcakes and carnival games in the garage. I wasn't sure how it would go over, but the bobbing for apples was a hit! Darius won, grabbing 7 apples. And, the boys got soaked from head to toe. After blowing out the candles, we had a cupcake eating race {no hands}, which James won. I'm thinking we should have had the cupcake race, then bobbing for apples so they boys could wash off. But, not to worry, they didn't have a problem with dunking their heads back in the water. We also had a pinata, and I swear the candy was gone in 30 seconds. After games and cake and ice cream cake, we opened presents. James scored a lot of Nerf guns, some hunting gear, and a new MP3 player from us. I heard him say this was his best birthday ever. That melts my heart!!



Big man's actual birthday is on October 25th. We had a busy day! James was out of school for parent/teacher conferences, so him and Gene spent the day together. When I got home, we went to conferences, then we had basketball games. Gail, Stanton, and Chandler came up to see his game and celebrate again! After the game, we went to our favorite local Mexican joint and had dinner and sopapillas for dessert. I was a little disappointed they don't sing and make a big deal out of birthdays, but none the less, I think James had a great time. I hope he will always remember turning 10 and being surrounded by his friends and family who love him dearly.


James, we love you so much. You have overcome a lot of struggles in your short life and we couldn't be more proud of you. You are doing well in school, you are our big sports star, and still the sweetest little guy. Please, please don't grow up! I guess we can't stop it, but I also can't wait to see who you grow up to be. Never forget who's always been there for you. Never forget who's been there for all the big moments in your life. There are people out there who will tell you things to get back at others, but when it comes down to it, always remember who took care of you when you were sick, who drove you to practices, and who has always done what's best for you. Your dad and I love you so much!! Happy 10th Birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment