Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Croaked

So, I think I need to precede this story with a little update. We have a new pet in addition to the lizard. It's a tree frog named Yellow Legs. They currently share a fish tank and I think we are going to have to expand if James brings home any more 'pets.'

Yesterday morning, James comes running in my bathroom while I'm straightening my hair. This is how the conversation went:

James: Yellow Legs CROAKED!!

Me: Oh really, is he still in the cage?

James: Yes

Me: Well, you need to throw him out.

James: Why? You don't want him jumping all over the house, do you?

Me: How can a dead frog jump?

James: He's not dead!! He CROAKED!! 

Me: Oh, you mean he croaked as in like a frog?

James: Ya!

Me: Ok, cool. Go wash your hands.

And, here I was hoping we had one less varmint in the house. Silly me.

3 comments:

  1. Aw poor yellow legs momma already wants him dead!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE your expanding wildlife refuge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know. I'm a mean momma...I don't appreciate and care for the slimy critters as much as James. He saw a tarantula today on the way to school but I draw the line at pet spiders! LOL

    ReplyDelete