Sunday, September 4, 2011

Days 4-7 of the YOU Challenge

So I haven't posted my challenge since Wed!! It's been a crazy end of the week with football practice, my Pampered Chef party and a family BBQ. So here it is, 4 days crammed into 1 post!

Day 4: 7 Wants
  1. Right now, I really want a homemade caramel brownie. I conveniently left the pan I made at my mother in law's :)
  2. I really want things with James' mother to be resolved soon. All of this back and forth and drama is really hard on him no matter how hard we try to protect him. We are taking steps in the right direction and I hope it will all be over soon!
  3. I want to get my PC party closed so I can order my free stuff!
  4. I want a clean house and hoping my hubby reads this so maybe that will happen :)
  5. I want to watch a chick flick instead of westerns and Nascar today, but oh well. I'm glad my hubby is home to annoy me with his kind of TV.
  6. I want to know why people name their kids Moon Goddess or Apple or some other crazy name. I'm all for uniqueness but I hate crazy names or crazy spellings of normal names.
  7. I want a girls night out!

Day 5: 6 Places
I haven't really traveled much, so my list will probably consist of the only places I have been :)
  1. Branson, MO. We usually make a trip to Branson at least once a year. It's so close and family friendly. We plan to go to Silver Dollar City this year to show James the huge Christmas tree. I can't wait
  2. Tulsa, OK. This is another favorite of mine and Gene's. It's perfect for a weekend away just the 2 of us. There are great restaurants and shopping. Our favorite place to eat is the Melting Pot!
  3. Estes Park, CO. I went to CO for Spring Break of my sophomore year of college. I think it was Sophomore year anyway. I went with one of my best friends and it was so much fun! I miss road trips. Colorado was beautiful and I can't wait to go back one day.
  4. St Louis, MO. We went to Saint Louie on our family vacation last year. I would love to go back sans kiddo. We stayed downtown and walked everywhere. It was a blast!
  5. I want to take a trip to the beach since I have never been. I'm hoping next summer we can go to Gulf Shores.
  6. I also want to go to the Northeast. I want to drive through Connecticut and Vermont in the fall and just soak it all up!
Day 6: 5 Foods
  1. I love to eat! My all time favorite food is cereal. I eat a bowl everyday and I could eat it for every meal!
  2. Mexican food. I love to get a chicken burrito from our local place here in town and the chips and salsa are to die for!
  3. Sushi. My friend Jenny introduced me to sushi and I've loved it ever since. I even got my hubby to like it :)
  4. Steak and baked potato. I love a really good steak. And it's even better if I don't have to cook it!
  5. Sandwiches. I really love a good sandwich. I think a cheeseburger even fits into this category :)
Day 7: 4 Books
  1. I just read The Help and all I can say is AMAZING!! I can't wait to see the movie. 
  2. The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. My friend Jenny gave me these books to read and I couldn't read them fast enough. The True Blood show on HBO is based on these books. I didn't know I was such a huge vampire fan :)
  3. Nicholas Sparks. I love his books even though they are sad at times. I haven't read one in quite a while, but I think I'm due. 
  4. My favorite books as a child were the Little House on the Prairie series. I found the whole set on Ebay last year and I re-read them all in about a week. I know, huge dork LOL
Well there you have it, 4 days crammed into 1 post. I promise to be better tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of getting my Little House on the Prairie books out of the closet and reading them again. I guess that would make me a big dork too! ;) I got them for Christmas when I was probably 10 or 12 and read them all who knows how many times! I'm glad I still have them. Have you read the Stephanie Plum series?? I'm reading it now and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had some of them growing up, but never the whole set. I just love those books. What is the Stephanie Plum series? I'm looking for something to read, so maybe that will be it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's by Janet Evanovich. Stephanie Plum is a bounty hunter and not real good at it. There's 17 books in the series so far. I'm on 15 right now. They're pretty funny and entertaining and there's a mystery to solve.

    ReplyDelete