Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Day 3 of YOU Challenge

Day 3: 8 Fears

1. My house burning down while I'm sleeping. I think that might be one of the most horrific ways to go...

2. The first time James tells me he hates me. I did it to my mom when I was probably 11-12. I know it will probably happen one day, I just hope I figure out how to handle it by then.

3. Losing my grandma. She was pretty sick last March and I'll never forget walking into that hospital room and seeing her there. She has come a million miles since that day, but it was one of the scariest days of my life.

4. Having another child some day. I know we will all adjust, but I worry if we can afford another child and how James will feel about it. He's been all ours for a couple of years and I don't want him to ever feel replaced.

5. Paper cuts. I handle paper extra carefully because I just can't stand the thought of it :)

6. Wood Stoves. I think this ties in with #1. I always had one growing up, but vowed NEVER to have one when I started living out on my own.

7. Cows. My brother and I used to walk through a huge field of cows to go swimming down at the river. I always had a fear in the back of my mind that they were going to charge us. It never happened, but where would you go in an empty field?? This fear has subsided quite a bit, but then again, I haven't put myself in that situation lately :)

8. Car wrecks. I hit 2 deer in 5 weeks time last fall and I'm freaking out a little bit this year. Thankfully, I wasn't injured, but I always slow down when I drive by those 2 places. I've never been in major car accident and I hope it stays that way!


P.S. This one was a lot harder than I thought it would be!

2 comments:

  1. So funny. I'm afraid of cows, too! Last year at the fair, I ran into someone I knew in the cow barn and we stood there talking for a few minutes. I was literally having to take deep breaths to calm myself down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought I was the only one out there! Hahahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete