Friday, June 3, 2011

Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos

I am linking up to Kelly's Korner-Show Us Your Life and it's appetizer week!

I made these little gems for our Super Bowl party this year. I should have made twice as many as I did. They were super good. The perfect combination of spicy and smoky.

You will need:
30 Jalapenos (depending on how many ppl you're serving)
2 blocks of cream cheese
1 package bacon (don't use thick cut)
toothpicks

Wash your jalapenos, cut your stems off and cut them in half. I keep some of the seeds in for added hotness, but you can take them all out if you want. Once you have your halved jalapenos, use a spoon and fill them with cream cheese. Take your package of bacon and cut the entire slab into thirds. Your bacon strips should just fit around the peppers. I only used 1 piece of bacon per pepper, but you can double up if you want. Wrap each cream cheese filled pepper with bacon and secure with a toothpick. Bake these at 350 for 30-45 minutes. Keep an eye on them because there is a fine line between perfect bacon crispness and burnt cheese. The key is to take them out when your bacon is done. Now, let them cool a bit and ENOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment